- Occupy Wall Street, period.
I first read about the idea in Adbusters, an in-your-face anti-consumer magazine I sometimes hide from the kids due to its disturbingly graphic content. The movement it spawned now includes middle-aged labor unions leaders, medical doctors, and possibly your grandma.
If you're not sure what's going on, here are some recent, short, informative pieces that get to the point pretty quickly:
- Democracy Now – a revealing video clip of interviews with a range of protesters marching toward Wall Street.
- Naomi Klein's short essay in The Nation - Occupy Wall Street: The Most Important Thing in the World Now.
- The New York Times adds its editorial support.
- Alan Grayson, former Florida representative, lays it out in under two minutes.
- Paul Krugman, Nobel-prize winning economist weighs in.
- Adbusters official Occupy Wall Street campaign site.
- Mother Jones for an interactive map on occupations near you - plus more.