Oh yes! Something else to do with all the zucchini onslaught! It was good. It was simple. And everyone from small children to old men seemed to like it at today's café.
Breaded Zucchini Sticks
- Cut zucchini lengthwise into wedges (six-eight per zucchini).
- Dip in egg.
- Roll in breading mixture (a box of purchased bread crumbs, some garlic powder and parmesan cheese, and a little parsley).
- Place on olive-oiled baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 350.
Serve with Simple Marinara:
- Sauté some onions and garlic
- Add add some Italian seasoning (we had just had some fresh basil, oregano, and thyme given to us by friends).
- Stir in some canned, crushed tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer.
Enjoy your victory over today's zucchini fusillade. The war will surely be lost.